Tuesday 3 February 2015

Maybelle Flower Square chair pillow.

Welcome to my blog, if this is your first time visiting. 
Many of you have asked about the pattern, etc. for the flower square I made last week so here goes.
I first found the flower picture on google images, and that led me to http://www.myrosevalley.blogspot.ch/2013/06/maybelle-square-crochet-pattern.html

This blog showed how she used the Maybelle flower to make a square.  So I followed the links on her page, http://6ichthusfish.typepad.com/6ichthusfish/2010/05/maybelle-crochet-flower-free-pattern.html for the original pattern.  She kindly posts the pattern for both UK and USA terms.

The yarn I used for the flowers is Cherub Aran by Cascade Yarns.

 
The white yarn is Patons Canadiana.  All my yarn was purchased at http://www.chilliwackwool.com/  (the cutest yarn shop in town, but I might be biased, as it is owned by the aunt who taught me to crochet when I was in grade 4)

This chair is 20 years old, and from our original dining room set.  It's so solid that I couldn't bear to part with it, but was in much need of a paint job.  For the paint I used Americana Décor Chalky Finish in 'Vintage' (found at Walmart)

 
For the reverse of the pillow, I made granny squares to match the flowers.
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. How did I miss this cheerful blog post? Love the colors and the patterns! I don't know how you do it... seriously, is there anything you can't do?! amazing lady all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A crocheted throw pillow requires a lot of work. Having to piece every thread on it to make one small design is hard enough – sewing them all together is really something admirable. One would have to be patient to do all that. I think you did a really good job. Thanks for sharing!


    Melissa Robinson @ PillowPerfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much for your kind words.

      Delete