Monday 2 November 2015

A bit of Macro

Although I already got a new harp, and I told my hubby I really didn't need anything for my birthday, he totally spoiled me and gave me a macro (or micro, since it's a Nikon) lens.  The first few days I was super frustrated with it, as I just couldn't get it to work for me, but a quick chat and a few pointers from the guy who sold Benj the lens, at London Drugs, and I'm on a roll.  I absolutely love the different direction this is taking me.  So I'm just sharing a few shots I've taken in the last week or so.  I stopped in at Gwynn Vaughn park last week, and played around a bit with my lens, so most of these shots are from there.  The others, such as the borage and the waterdrops on the spruce are from around home.
 above - A tiny feather defying the breeze while stuck to a dried weed.
below - the amazing things you find on top of fence posts







 I was so thrilled to be able to capture this Red Admiral butterfly.




 above - rose hips along the dike.
below - this is seriously the smallest fruitfly around.





No comments:

Post a Comment