Tuesday 13 January 2015

Happy New Year from The Purple Thneed.

Every year we start with new plans and resolutions.  Mine is to blog at least once a week, even if only to share what I'm working on at the moment.  I've tried blogging with separate blogs for my different interests, but they vary so much from time to time, that I thought it was time to put everything into one place.
Last year I changed my crafting name to The Purple Thneed,  and I love this name and hope to stick with it for the long run.  So that's why I've giving this name to my blog.
This year I'm starting with a bit of a mood board, something I think I might do every month.  This one was put together fairly quickly, but now that I have the board on my desk (which is finally cleaned up from all the Christmas clutter) I can add to it as the mood strikes me.




One of my current projects for January is giving a facelift to this old desk chair of mine.  It's sturdy as can be, but the paint was looking terrible, and in the fall I changed the colour of our kitchen/dining room/sunroom from a dark reddish to a light creamy blush.  I really like that I can now add a whole new palette of colour to our house.  When the chair is all dry I hope to cover the pillow that was on it with a bright and playful crochet cover.

Don't you just love the colours of spring?  I found this ceramic mason jar at Superstore.  Perfect for some pretty tulips!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. You know that i left you a comment here when you posted this post.. But i dont see it now? Anyway, i love rhe lively fun colours & im hoping you will share the completed chair with cricheted seat cover!

    ReplyDelete